MSME stands for Micro, Small and Medium EnterprisesMSME Registration Process
MSME registration is to be done in the government portal of udyamregistration.gov.in. The registration of MSMEs can be done under the following two categories in the portal –
- For New Entrepreneurs who are not Registered yet as MSME or those with EM-II and
- For those having registration as UAM and For those already having registration as UAM through Assisted filing
- Bank loans will become cheaper as the interest rate is very low around ~ 1 to 1.5%. Much lower than interest on regular loans.
- It also allowed credit for minimum alternate tax (MAT) to be carried forward for up to 15 years instead of 10 years
- Once registered the cost getting a patent done, or the cost of setting up the industry reduces as many rebates and concessions are available.
- MSME registration helps to acquire government tenders easily as Udyam Registration Portal is integrated with Government e-Marketplace and various other State Government portals which give easy access to their marketplace and e-tenders.
- There is a One Time Settlement Fee for non-paid amounts of MSME.